The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) replaces the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and EU Directive 95/46/EC. GDPR aims to prevent security breaches and loss of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) by organisations that hold or process such data by providing a coherent and thorough personal data privacy law across EU member states.
What is Personal Identifiable Information? (PII)
Personal Identifiable Information is the personal data or information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. Examples include an individual’s name, age, address, date of birth, their gender and contact details. PII may also contain Special category data or sensitive information such as an individual’s health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic and biometric data, or sexual orientation.
For us to deliver our goods and services we require the following information:
• Date of Birth
• National Insurance Number
• Telephone number
• E-mail address
• IP Address (your unique online electronic identifier)
• Unique identifier numbers allocated by the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB).
We collect one form of sensitive information, asking you to confirm whether you have a disability that would hinder you from either gaining access to the test centre or taking the test. Information about disability’s or health issues are not a requirement for booking and can be left out.
Your Rights and how to Exercise them
With regards to your Personal identifiable information (PII) you have the following legal rights:
• The right to be informed about how your PII in processed. (where it is stored and for what purpose)
• The right to access your PII.
• The right to object too or restrict the processing of your PII.
• The right to delete your PII.
• The right to receive an electronic copy of your PII.
• The right to rectify or amend your PII if detailed stored are incorrect.
You can exercise your rights at any timeand to do so the regulations require you to submit a subject access request (SAR) to our data protection representative (DPR) at Info@ukconstructioncards.org. There is no charge or fee to process these requests unless they are considered to be repetitive, wholly unfounded and/or excessive. At which point we would be entitled to charge a reasonable administrative fee.
In the unlikely event we are unable to fully meet any of your requests due to extenuating circumstances, we will establish timely and consistent open lines of communication as stipulated within the regulations.
Processing your Personal Identifiable Information
In order to deliver the services you have asked for, it is in our legitimate interest to collect the PII we have requested (as listed earlier). We share this information with NCS Pearson Inc. in order to fulfil the terms of our contract with you.
With the exception above, UK Construction Cards do not share any of your PII with any other individual or organisation or personally use it for any marketing or profiling.
Retention of your PII: Once we have concluded the terms of our contract to you, we have no legal basis to retain your PII. However we have identified administrative reasons to retain your information (administrative retention) and will maintain your records for 6 months in case of future business needs or to enable us to answer queries about services we have previously delivered to you. After this period your information is automatically deleted from our database and any e-mail correspondence is manually deleted from our records.
Storage of your PII: Your PII is stored on our website database which is located on an encrypted server. Our servers are operated by 1&1 Oinos, who hold your data in accordance with our written controller-proccessor agreement. This agreement stipulates that they are to hold your data, ensure that it is backed-up and that they do not access or share it. Acting as the processor, they are not to step outside of their remit, as agreed in our contract.
Security of your PII: UK COnstruction Cards make every effort to ensure your PII is secured. Our team regularly conduct security checks to identify any vulnerabilities we may have to ensure you information is as safe as possible. Our server is encrypted, and any information submitted through our site is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This can be verified by the padlock symbol next to our URL. All payment transactions are processed through s secure gateway provider and as such are not stored or processed on our servers.
Information about Cookies
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since most browsers are a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
UK Construction Cards
Dudley Court South,
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• You may use our site only for lawful purposes. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. Unauthorised use includes but is not restricted to knowingly introducing viruses or other technologically harmful material, attempting to gain unauthorised access such as by hacking or by attacking the website including denial of service attacks.
• We will not be liable for any loss or damage if for any reason this website is unavailable or suspended for whatever reason including as a result of technical problems.
• We cannot provide any warranty or guarantee that our website is free of viruses or any other technically harmful material.