How to apply for a CSCS card

by UK Construction Cards

Posted on June 22, 2019

How to apply for a CSCS card

To get any CSCS card, you first must have passed the CITB health, safety and environment test at an approved test centre. The test may vary depending on your trade and qualifications, but in most occasions, you will need to pass the "operatives" test. There is some specialist test that may need to be taken for specific job roles and a guide to these tests are below.

We have made booking a test as simple as possible. All you need to do is complete our booking form and when you enter your postcode, we will select the nearest official test centre to you. Alternatively, you can search for a test centre from our find a centre page

Once you have passed your test you can then apply for your card. If your not sure which card you need then a guide to the available cards is here

supervisory (SUP)
demolition (DEM)
plumbing (JIB) (PLUM)
highway works (HIW)
specialist work at height (WAH)
lifts and escalators (LAEE)
tunnelling (TUNN)
HVACR - heating and plumbing services (HAPS)
HVACR - pipefitting and welding (PFW)
HVACR - ductwork (DUCT)
HVACR - refrigeration and air conditioning (RAAC)
HVACE - services and facilities maintenance
Managerial and Professional (MAP)


Latest Construction News